The Match Subcommittee has decided to trial some changes to the Men’s Club Championships starting from the 2019 event.
The changes are as follows.
- The A, B & C Grade Club Championships will now all be 72 hole events played over four consecutive Saturdays in November.
- There will be a cut after 36 holes and the top 16 and ties will progress to the final 36 holes and be eligible to win the event.
- The Top 16 players and ties in each grade will play together in reserved time slots at the end of the afternoon field for the final two rounds.
- If a player does not wish to play in the 3rd round their place will not be filled by the next in line.
- The revised dates for the Club Championships are as follows: 1st Round – 9th November, 2nd Round – 16th November, 3rd Round 23 November, Final Round – 30 November.
- Revised Conditions of Play for the event will be posted in due course.
If any members have any questions regarding the changes please do not hesitate to contact me.